Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Carytown Series & a Lot of Rain

"Carytown - The Bicycle" - 6 x 6" on canvas

I'm almost ashamed to post this photograph of my latest little work because it's such a bad quality photo. I'm located in Virginia, and if any of you have been following the weather for our area for the past few days, you'll know that we haven't seen the sun for quite awhile. My camera (a Sony Cybershot if you're interested) does very poorly without sunlight, so even when I ventured out into the gloom between rain showers, I was unable to get a clear, vibrant photograph.

But I didn't want you to think that I wasn't being productive. Indeed, this little work is the first in a series of 6 that should be appearing on eBay either tomorrow or Thursday. They will all be of Carytown, on gallery wrapped canvas with black painted sides. The first two are already complete and they look very neat hanging together on the wall; it's the first time I've painted on such a little proper canvas and I really like the effect! I'm thinking of all sorts of things to do with small canvas groupings now, especially now that I've found a good supplier. I like to keep my Fedex man busy, you know.

Anyway, rumor has it that we might see the sun tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get better photographs then. Certainly I hope for sun by the weekend, when I'll be in my booth at the Rose Mount Farm Fireworks Horse Show. Cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

Linda Blondheim Art Studio said...

I really like your Carytown series.

Linda Blondheim

www.lindablondheim.com