Monday, June 26, 2006

Door Number 3 - Carytown Series

"Door Number 3" - 16 x 20" acrylic on canvas
Click here or on image to make offer or bid.

This is the first of my Carytown paintings, and I have to say that I'm rather pleased with my efforts. It's difficult to capture the smack-you-from-across-the-room effect of a painting with a photograph, and this is one of those paintings. The simple but dynamic shapes really make an impact and to me, it captures the colorful and whimsical nature of Carytown.

I often watch movies while I'm painting (well, it's often more like "listening" to movies) and the result is that every time I look at the painting in years to come, I'm reminded of the movie that I watched while painting. Well, this one is no exception, and looking at the photo right now, I am weirdly put in mind of "National Treasure," the movie I watched while painting the final touches. And cookies, of course. It took at least 8 cookies to complete the final stages of this painting.

This painting is going to my month-long solo exhibition -- it's being delivered on the 30th of June. As the works need to be marked either "for sale" or "not for sale", I have this painting in my store but I will list the ending at 9 p.m. on Thursday, June 29th. If it's not sold by then, it will wear a price tag of $200 at the exhibition (which is the price that it is listed at in my store -- remember your "make offer" option!). If it does sell, it will be shipped to the winning buyer at the end of July when the exhibition ends.

No comments: