Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Friesian Horse and Another in the Carytown Series

"July Colors" - 6 x 6" acrylic on canvas, fourth of Carytown series
Click here or on image to bid.

"Niall" - 11 x 14" colored pencil on colorfix paper
Click here or on image to bid.

Well, today was another day at the horse show, and I put the sizzling day to good use. In between watching western pleasure and trail classes (very peculiar things to a girl who has ridden English her entire life!) from my booth, I put the finishing touches on Niall, a colored pencil piece on black paper that I've been working on for awhile off and on, and on July Colors, the fourth in the Carytown series. I actually did another little 6 x 6" commission piece of a one of the horses at the show as well, but as the thing was handed off to its eager owner with barely dry paint, I didn't take a photo. Moral of the story: you can get a lot of work done when you're stuck in a 10 x 10' space with nothing better to do.

No comments: