Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Horses!

"Just Jump" - 24 x 48" acrylic on canvas
Click here or on image to bid.

"Bella" - 12 x 12" acrylic on canvas
Click here or on image to bid.

"Antioch" - 16 x 16" acrylic on canvas
Click here or on image to bid.

I think you can probably tell by my offerings that I was at a horse show all weekend. Two of these pieces were completed at the horse show and the other (Bella) was being held until after the horse show as a portfolio piece.

All of these represent a different direction for me, which is exciting because I love to experiment, especially when it goes well. With these pieces I worked with wild colors and vivid underpaintings; in many places you can see bright green poking through or blue dominating a shadow. The effect is dynamic, active, and contemporary. I wish I could tell you exactly how many people came over to my booth and exclaimed over "Just Jump" as I was painting it. At four feet long, this painting really has presence, and the contrast between the white background and the colorful horse is rather staggering in real life. I'm just an eensy weensy bit pleased with myself over all three of these. Can you tell?

No comments: