Friday, July 07, 2006

The Last of the Quarter Horses

"Guest Parking" 12 x 24" acrylic on canvas
Click here or on image to bid.

"The Gauntlet" - 24 x 30" acrylic on canvas
Click here or on image to bid.

Okay, okay, more horses. Tomorrow the equestrian streak will momentarily halt, I promise. I just had so many good reference photos from this Quarter Horse specialty I went to that I had to paint a bunch of them. I'm pleased with both of these two, but particularly with "Guest Parking." It's a real slap you in the face painting, even from across the room, and was done in a different style than usual for me. I consider it a very successful experiment. "The Gauntlet," from a photo taken in the stable area, was started at the show itself and turned out well, though I'm frustrated by my inability to get good photos of it. Moreover, I'm having problems taking photos that show the sheer size of it. 24 x30" is a BIG painting!

I've begun putting reserves on my eBay pieces; I love selling on eBay and I love my eBay buyers dearly, but I just can't sell pieces for less than I could get for them at my horse shows. Doesn't make good business sense! And it's not fair to my horse show collectors. What do you guys think? Does a reserve on an eBay auction turn you off?

No comments: