Thursday, July 06, 2006

Western Riders & Quarter Horses

"Guest Parking" - work in progress on canvas
Click here or on image to buy before it goes to auction tomorrow night.

Today was another day of horse paintings, I'm afraid. Hey, when I have that many great reference photos, they just beg me to paint them. So I actually have two paintings that I worked on today and both of them will get finished tomorrow and put on eBay. The one that you see displayed here, "Guest Parking," is one of my latest favorites. I'm really enjoying the strong shapes and patterns of the horses and riders silhouetted against the sky, and I really am digging the slouches. These three young ladies were exceptionally self-conscious about the idea of being photographed in such a casual pose, so I told them that I was photographing their horses and they left me alone! Was that unethical? Yeah, I thought not, either. Anyway. This piece, which is 75% done will go on auction tomorrow with a reserve unless it is purchased beforehand. You can do so by clicking the link above or on the image itself.

Even more exciting stuff tomorrow, I promise, including a cougar art card for charity! Whoo hoo! Hold onto your seats, folks.

No comments: