Monday, March 05, 2007

Stunningly short . . .


"Stop and Smell the . . . " - 6 x 6" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas
Copyright 2007 Maggie Stiefvater
Click here to bid.

This post will be stunningly short as I'm spending all of my time on dial up tonight looking at Waterhouse paintings online. Each painting takes approximately 8 months to download, so obviously it cuts into my writing time.

I really had some wonderful comments and emails in the past few days, and I thought about using today's post to write about how I find the time, etc. to accomplish what I do, but then I thought - why would I inflict something like that on an unsuspecting public? A boring, inspirational post? Mmm, let me know if it's something you're interested in, and if not, I'm doing Waterhouse as my post tomorrow.

Over and out.

8 comments:

I need orange said...

Aw, come on, tell us how you write several paragraphs as you wait for each image to download.....

Me, I'm playing Snoods while I wait for stuff to download.....

:-)

-- Vicki in Michigan

Anonymous said...

YES HOW you find the TIME????

Rhonda Bartoe Tucker said...

My bet is that you never sleep...

Or that you have live-in help...

Or a full-time assistant....

Please, please tell us that you derive all of your energy from cookie dough!

H Malott said...

Any pointers would be much appreciated Maggie. I feel like I just move in circles, painting, 3 kids, 1 husband, 1 big dog, 1 messy house, grocery getting and much more definately not in that order! Thanks, Heidi

Abby Creek Art said...

You crack me up, Maggie...I love the way you write.

Karen Schmidt said...

Please, please, oh please let us let us in on your secret! (Just a guess ... is it some kind of device that enables you to slip into another dimension?)

It kind of blew me away to find out that on top of kids and husband and dogs and cats, daily finished art pieces, and hilariously creative blogging, you FINISHED a novel! Congrats!

As a graphic artist, painter and fellow cookie dough enthusiast with a husband, 3 cats and one goofy dog, even with no kids I feel something akin to panic every time I think about even starting a daily art blog ...

... oh, and I especially like the new painting!

A.K.Ard said...

It looks like some of us that need tips are also cookie dough enthusiasts so, sadly, I'm thinking the secret is not to be found there. *sigh*

Please reveal your secret! I seriously would like to know how you manage it all and I doubt your telling of it would be boring
:-)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Ok, folks, to make up for the last really short post, boy, I wrote a killer one tonight.

My secrets revealed . . . Maggie in the 5th dimension . . .