Saturday, September 01, 2007

Stick Horses




"Dee's Stick Horses" - 14 x 14" (or something) design for T-shirt
Copyright 2007 Maggie Stiefvater.
Click here to see Dee's website.

Okay, this is still kind of a wimp-out post as I'm still mostly dead (Princess Bride quote anyone?) But I'm hoping to be recovered by tomorrow. Before I typed this, I had to sweep a mountain of used tissues from in front of my monitor in order to see the screen. It was not a happy moment.

Anyway, I wanted to take the moment to plug Dee Kegley's amazing stick horses. She and I met at the Roanoke Valley Horse Show and were booth-buddies; our booths were right next to each other. She does these amazing heirloom quality stick-horses, all by hand, with real hair and just amazing attention to detail. And every one is unique - they were very impressive in real life. She asked if I'd be willing to do a T-shirt design for her and I agreed. After much hemming and hawing, I've finally finished it (you can see it above), and you can see some examples of her horses below.

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering, I've also just gone and ordered two big jugs of Mexican vanilla. Ptooey on McCormick and their corn syrup! Ptooey! With double shots of snot!





5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Maggie, What great horses.. both of you. Wow, the stick horses are so special, huh?

We were in Las Palomas, Mexico, yesterday and I saw some vanilla and thought of you. I looked closer and it was "artificial vanilla". Darn. Glad you are getting some. :)

Jo

Katydid said...

Oh, oober cool horses (yours and hers). Tell us what the vanilla tastes like when you get it!

Kathy C said...

You've been "mostly dead all day."

Love the stick horses, love the t-shirt design.

I looked at my Mexican vanilla and the ingredients are in Spanish...but a few of them looked suspicious so I am thinking I got the commercialized (or bastardized) Americanized Mexican variety. D-it!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Don't make me paranoid, guys! I haven't gotten my vanilla in the mail yet and I was so sure it was the right thing before you guys started talking about artificial bastardized Mexi-American vanilla!

LN- Nickers and Ink said...

Love this one!

By the way, I posted an article on AC, outlining how to make a stick pony with a mismatched sock. It's fun!

www.associatedcontent.com/article/576587/how_to_make_a_stick_pony_with_a_broom.html

Your artwork is amazing! Great stuff!

Linda
http://themanepoint.blogspot.com