Monday, September 10, 2007

Work in Progress/ Secret Admirer


"Secret Admirer" - 4 x 9" colored pencil on paper.
Copyright 2007 Maggie Stiefvater.
Click here to bid.

I met up with an old friend from college today - she's been in Europe for a few years, literally - and it was great. Great times, great food (krispy kreme), and we're both much hotter than we were in college, which is always a pleasant revelation to have at a donut shop.

But it didn't leave much time for work, so I only got a quick one hour piece done today, with no background. Here 'tis.

Secret Admirer progress

Secret Admirer 2

5 comments:

Cooper Dragonette said...

I love these step-by-step photos Maggie. I might have to something similar on my blog, but don't worry--I'll give you the credit! A lot of fun reading your blog of late--very exciting stuff!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thanks, Cooper - I feel like my life is really exciting at the moment too . . . just way too much fun stuff going on.

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

It amazes me what beautiful work you can do in only an hour! I'm still way too slow but you inspire me to push myself.
:)

Jo Castillo said...

Maggie, I, also, am impressed with the speed at which you work. I work quickly as I get bored, at least I think that is why. You inspire me to practice and make sure lines. Nice kitty, and butterfly.

Jo

Katherine said...

Does this mean that if you speed up your drawing you have more time for donuts - or that donuts speed up your drawing? People want to know!